Tuesday, October 28, 2014

The 2014 Election

Well, it's that time of year again.  Election day is coming soon.  For those of you who will be availing yourselves of the right to vote, I thought I would throw out some blog posts on my thoughts on the candidates in various races, ballot questions, and basically how I think you should vote.

Let me say that the last clause above is pretty bold of me.  I was a pretty firm believer that no one should have the temerity to tell someone else how to vote.  When I ran for election myself I found it difficult to ask people to vote for me.  I never asked someone straight up how they would vote.  Part of me didn't want to know, part of me just thought that it was too personal a question.  Most politicians would laugh at such concerns.  That's why I was never a very good politician, and got out of the game.

Having said all that, I've had a bit of a change of heart.  It seems that everyone is telling everybody how to vote these days.  The Courant presumably does it, although I don't know for sure since that paper has lost all credibility with me, and I don't take it anymore.  The Journal Inquirer, while not having formally announced their picks yet, tells you virtually every day why Dan/Dannel/DoggyDo Malloy is the only reasonable pick.  The only reason I continue to take the JI is that when you turn the page, you get the only really insightful analysis of the election from Chris Powell, who speaks truth to power and shakes his head at the utter nonsense that has become politics in Connecticut and in Manchester.

So in the spirit of a lone, mournful, and meek voice, I intend to tell you exactly how you should vote.  Some of the candidates I know, some I only know by their records, and some I don't know at all.  None of this will keep me from my pronouncements... I will be telling you how to vote.  Take it for what it's worth.  And I hope you enjoy.

P.S.  I'm a voter in the 12th assembly district, and for State Rep, although there are people I cannot vote for (as me, anyway, but you know what they say, vote early and vote often), I'll be telling you how to vote in each assembly district as if I lived there. 

Enjoy the show!

No comments:

Post a Comment