Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Hertz Rent2Buy - Part 5 - The Waiting Game

Well, it's been a while since my last post on this topic.  As you've read, if you got this far, I've sent in the paperwork and mailed them a check.  Not too much has happened since then!

My loan was approved without any fuss, and I've made the first payment.  Unfortunately, I still have New York plates on the car.  Hertz Rent2Buy has forwarded my documents to a title company.  They apparently do the title check (should be easy - Hertz should be the only other owner besides me) and they do the registration.  I got an email to that effect on November 1st.  It said they might call to verify information.  They haven't.

So I called Hertz yesterday to find out the status.  That was November 22nd.  They checked with the title company, who've said that "they should be receiving the plates and registration anytime now and there is a possibility."  Possibility of what, I have no idea.

In the meantime, I've got my own insurance on it, and I'm happily driving with New York plates.  I guess I don't have to be very courteous at this point while driving... I mean, as far as anyone else knows, I'm just another jerkface New York driver.  Too bad it didn't have Mass. plates... if it did, I could impersonate a masshole!

So far, the car has been wonderful.  I've filled up 6 of the 7 seats at least once now, and it drives nicely.  Everything still works fine, and the soda cans are piling up.  Really, I have no complaints about the car at all...

Just hoping I get my own plates before I have to bring it in for its next oil change!

TTFN

No comments:

Post a Comment